6 Ways for Your MSP to Take Advantage of Mobile Marketing
When you look up information about a local company, what device are you using to do so? More than likely, you use your smartphone - something that many business decision makers will be doing when looking for assistance with their company’s IT.
Mobile devices are quickly becoming the preferred way to access the Internet. From Google searches to mobile apps, a business can become a success thanks to our handy mobile devices. Therefore, it makes sense then that mobile marketing is a great way to reach clients and prospects. Are you using it to your advantage?
About Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing is when individuals are connected to a business through the use of a mobile device, like a smartphone or tablet. It came to fruition in 2005 with simple text messages that ranged from notification of sales to new product announcements. These were sent to customers that signed up to receive SMS messaging from a company or brand. This method was the first type of mobile marketing "hook" that actively reached out to users in an effort to bring in repeat business.
With the capabilities of smartphones today, mobile marketing can be so much more, and businesses need to ensure that their marketing strategy keeps mobile users in mind. You may assume that people will only interact with your website and marketing materials from their computer since you’re a B2B company, but actually:
- 57% of online traffic comes from mobile devices versus 43% from desktop computers
- Users spend 56% more time on phones and tablets than on PC’s
- Conversion rates on mobile are 64% higher than they are on desktop computers
- 65% of all digital media time is spent on a mobile device
If you aren’t by now, it’s time to hop on the mobile marketing bandwagon.
How Your MSP Can Take Advantage of Mobile Marketing
Fortunately, there are a lot of options out there that small to medium-sized businesses can take advantage of. Here are our top suggestions:
- Mobile-Friendly Websites - Users who visit a poorly designed mobile site won’t stay there for long, and 40% will visit a competitor instead! Ensure that all aspects of your website are compatible with mobile. Failing to do so will increase your mobile bounce rates and hurt your SEO.
- Social Media - Mobile devices are used for about 3/4 of the time that people spend on social media, so promote your company’s social media channels and post content to them to connect with your audience.
- Email Marketing - Many of the recipients of your marketing emails are going to open them from a mobile device. Ensure that they are designed to be easily read from one and that any page that you try to send them to in your email is mobile-friendly.
- Mobile Native Advertising - When you’re starting your next PPC campaign, don’t forget about mobile users! Ensure that you’re targeting them with your ads as well, and that your ads will be readable from a mobile device. Native video ads are particularly effective. Deemed as the best mobile ad format by people, they blend in with their environment and don’t stick out as much from other similar content around them.
- Mobile Video - While video marketing is effective on any medium, it’s particularly effective for mobile, as mobile video views have increased rapidly over the past several years. Short-form videos (0-5 minutes) are particularly effective on mobile, so create shorter videos and use them on your website, social media, and in video advertisements.
- Streamline Print to Digital - Did you know that your direct mail pieces can integrate well with your mobile marketing strategy? Use QR codes and shortened URLs to make it easy for people to head to where your direct mail piece is trying to get them to go.
If you would like help doing any of the above for your MSP, we’re here to help. Contact us at 888-546-4384 to see how we can help improve your overall MSP marketing strategy.