Facebook 101 - Lead Ads [Social Media 101]
Advertising on Facebook can seem like a daunting task for businesses that have just begun using Facebook’s many marketing tools. But we have compiled a guide, so to speak, of the many ad formats offered by Facebook. Their lead ads, in particular, allow you to run ads geared toward lead generation with lead forms on both Facebook and Instagram. You can create leads ads from your Facebook Page or from Ads Manager.
To Create Your Lead Ad From Ads Manager
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Click + Create.
- You will want to choose the Lead Generation objective, then click Continue.
- Add your necessary campaign details, then click Next.
- In the Lead method section, you will want to select Instant Forms.
- In the Page section, choose the Facebook Page you'd like to use to create lead ads.
- Choose your budget, audience, and placements, then click Next.
- In the Optimisation and delivery section, click the Leads drop-down and choose how you want to optimize the delivery of your ad.
- In the Identity section, select your Facebook Page.
- In the Ad setup section, select Single Image or Video or Carousel.
- In the Ad creative section, choose the format that you would like to use for your ad and add the details.
- In the Question format section, select Instant Form.
- Complete the rest of your ad by adding information in the Tracking section, if applicable.
- When you've finished, click Publish to publish your lead ad.
Once your ad hits your audience’s pages, those who click on your ad will be taken to a form where they can edit their answers to your custom questions before clicking the Submit button.
Why Use Lead Ads?
Lead ads allow you access to a wider audience who may be interested in your products or services and collect the necessary information from them to begin selling to them. You can also use lead ads to collect other information from your audience, encourage visits to your MSP’s website, and glean insight into your audience's behaviors. Lead generation, in general, is an important part of your marketing strategy as a whole, as well.
Get Help Using This Ad Format!
Now that you know a bit more about Lead Ads you may be considering creating one for yourself. If you need a little help, you can always trust our marketing experts here with your social media needs! You can learn more about using Facebook to market your business from our other Facebook 101 blogs or take a quick look at our Social Media Marketing blogs.
Of course, you can always call us at 888-546-4384 to learn more about how we can help you do all this, as well!