Why You Need Videos in Your Marketing
Why should you be using video in your marketing? Well, to be honest, if you’re not using it now, you will soon be one of the only companies not using it. More and more businesses are discovering how powerful online video marketing is and how easy it is to distribute to potential clients worldwide!
Cisco predicts that by 2017, video will make up a whopping 69% of all consumer Internet traffic. Whether it be on a laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile device, users were spending an average of five and a half hours per day watching video content in 2015. That’s 330 minutes that open up the window for potentially viewing 220 minute and a half long videos, per person per day. Are you really content with passing up over 200 opportunities to connect with clients and potential clients daily, by not using videos in your marketing?
Video content can be marketing magic. Simply adding the word “video” to an email subject line increases open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%. With millions of people on the internet daily, companies need to stand out and videos with good content are the way to go. With research showing that a one minute video is worth 1.8 million word descriptions, how could video not get your point across effectively? Plus, having videos on your site encourages engagement and interaction with clients and potential clients. A recent study found that 73% of B2B marketers surveyed said their video marketing is generating positive results. So if you’re not incorporating videos into your marketing, your competition probably is and they’re getting clients you may have had.
Video plays a big role in lead generation for B2B companies. Such a big role that, 75% of B2B decision makers watch videos before reaching out to a company. Talking head videos are an easy way to get your foot in the door. While you obviously can’t greet every potential client that visits your website and tell them who you are and why you’re the best directly, you can use talking head videos to introduce yourself with a sincere message about why they should work with your company. You can also feature testimonials from your clients telling other potential clients how you went above and beyond and how their experience positively affected their business. Other types of videos with high success rates in marketing include:
- On-demand product demonstration videos
- Explainer and tutorial videos
- Thought leader interviews
- Project reviews and case studies
- Live and on-demand webinars
- Video blogs
- Event videos
Need more convincing? Check out JoomConnect’s top reasons why implementing videos in your marketing is like adding magic pixie dust to your plan.
- Customers watch more video. Youtube has more than 4 BILLION views per day. 4 BILLION VIEWS. PER DAY. That’s over 28 BILLION views a week. To top it off, 98% of B2B customers watch online video. Why wouldn’t you want to get in on that?
- Video is easily accessible. 70% of the top 100 search listings on Google are video results. When you search for something on Google or Bing, videos pop up at the top of the search results page. Using video in your marketing will help push you to the top of that results page. Also, videos are all over people’s mobile devices. Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic.
- Shorter is better. 30 second mobile video ads have an 88.3% completion rate. People don’t want to watch a movie about what makes your company incredible. Short and to the point will not only keep their attention, but will allow the viewers to absorb the information you’re sharing better.
- Engaging more senses makes more sense. With just an image in your marketing you’re targeting sight. However, with video, you’re engaging sight and hearing which allows you to draw and keep the viewer’s attention better. Now, if we could only figure out how to share taste and smell from those sweet Crock-Pot Thursday videos.
- Social Media is your ally. Social media marketing is the best way to pass your message on. You post it and it will be shared. Funny, quirky videos are best and allow for your potential clients to pass the info onto others.
Video marketing is not going away. In fact, it’s becoming a bigger and better marketing tool, fast. One of the best advantages of video marketing is that videos you create will last for years and will get you more exposure with time. Ads will die out in a short time, but the opposite is true with videos. This allows you to continue to reap benefits for years to come. Want help utilizing videos in your marketing? Let our experts here at JoomConnect help! Call us at 607-433-2200 or contact us for more information about using video in your marketing.