CPT: The Most Important Meal of the Day! (Plus, pajamas.) [Video]
Did your Mom ever tell you that breakfast was the most important meal of the day? Well, our team definitely remembers that lesson! This week's Crock-Pot Thursday Lunch was a breakfast feast including bacon, eggs, toast and sausage gravy and biscuits made by Chris Chase! If "All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." then our team's excitement was completely justified. Check out the video to see the joys of breakfast-for-lunch.
Creamy Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 4 split warm biscuits for serving
- Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain, reserving drippings; place sausage in bowl. If necessary, add enough oil to reserved drippings to measure 1 tablespoon. Return drippings to skillet.
- Add flour and pepper to skillet; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Cook over MEDIUM heat 6-8 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add sausage; cook 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Serve over biscuits.