CPT: Celebrating Our Troops with an Outdoor BBQ [Video]
This week’s meal was a bit different from our usual Crock-pot Thursdays. To celebrate the upcoming holiday (thank you to our troops!), the team gathered to enjoy a feast of American staples like cheeseburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, and more, with strawberry shortcakes for dessert. Thankfully, we lucked out and were able to sit outside while enjoying the beautiful weather. The plethora of food quickly dwindled as plates were piled high. But, we still managed to have leftovers the next day!
Watch the video below to see the delicious food and hear what the JoomConnect team is doing to celebrate this holiday/long weekend.
Best Macaroni Salad
- 1½ cups Macaroni, Salad Macaroni or Other Small Pasta
- ⅓ cup Celery, chopped
- ⅓ cup Onion, chopped or for picky eaters 1-2 teaspoon of onion powder
- ⅓ cup Dill Pickle, chopped
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar or Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 tablespoons Mustard, we use yellow
- ¼ teaspoon Salt or to Taste
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Chives
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Dill Weed
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Chop the celery, onion and pickles. Mix with the cooked pasta.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar or dill pickle juice, salt, pepper, chives, parsley, and dill weed.
- Mix the dressing with the pasta and vegetables until well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of: Frugal Family Home